Is there a way to have record data update in real time for a user without a page reset?

Is there a way to have record data update in real time for a user without a page reset?

Context:

I have a sequence where a user inputs some information into a firestore record, which, when saved, triggers a webhook that does a series of things and adds/updates items within the same record.

I have the user redirected to a page that filters to the given record once they’ve submitted their information…

Looking for a way to let certain items on the page update as changes are made to the data record.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

Hi, Sure you can achieve this by setting up a page action on page load, and fire a workflow that refreshes the component’s values within a time interval.
The image below will show you how to implement this:

oO this is promising!

I was looking at a javascript approach like:

window.addEventListener(‘load’, function() {
setInterval(function() {
document.querySelector(’[data-component-name=“Item to Refresh”] .refresh__button-icon’).click();
}, 6000);
});

Def a more bruitforce approach but works.

I really want to figure out an approach with someone similar to ajax polling where, when a record related to the component on the page changes/gets added, the polling function triggers to refresh.

Still investigating, we shall see.

Thanks for the idea though, that is a possible approach!

Definitely a bruit force approach, but working so far… I’ll find a better approach, but want to document my progress here for folks.

This basically refreshes the “build log” every 12 seconds - for 5 iterations, not sure how to just get it to run continually though