Create table from firestore subcollection

Hi,
I have a root collection in firestore with some settings-related documents. Some of them have different subcollections.
I’d like to have a table that deals with a specific subcollection, however, JetAdmin is not even showing me the subcollection.

Structure:
settings

• entities
    • users → That’s the one I want
  • roles
    • permissions

Thank you!

@dudi In order to display a nested collection you need to pass documentID (path) to which this nested collection belongs, this is not a requirement of Jet Admin, this is what Firebase API requires to display the corresponding data for the corresponding record. I recorded you a video on how it can be done in different ways: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Thanks. I saw this video in the other thread.
The issue is that I don’t see the “Related components” or the subcollection I’m looking for in the list of collections.

If your sub-collections are in an empty collection (no data structure), this structure is considered invalid and JetAdmin will not be able to display your sub-collections, but we will fix this in the future. You need to add at least one data field to the parent collection for this.

Could you please send a screenshot of your parent collection as it looks like?

1 Like

Excellent. Indeed the parent document was empty. Once I added a field to it, and reloaded the source, it loaded the sub-collection successfully.

Thank you!

Actually, the table itself doesn’t work.
I do see in the data sources manager, but that’s what happens when I try to add a table with the documents:

Does the parent path field expect something different than the name of the parent document?

Please look carefully:

In order to display a nested collection you need to pass documentID (path) to which this nested collection belongs, this is not a requirement of Jet Admin, this is what Firebase API requires to display the corresponding data for the corresponding record. I recorded you a video on how it can be done in different ways: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software